It’s been one of those days that makes me hate NaBloPoMo. I have several different ideas for something to write about; however, each one would take more effort than I have the energy for. I could have done a Weekly Winners post, but do you think I remembered to take any pictures this week?! Hay-yell NoooOOOoooo, I did not.
I went to church (15 minutes late AS USUAL, I think people would have a heart attack and die from surprise if we showed up ON TIME) and then sat in the coffee shop and chatted with friends while the rugrats were in kid’s church. Then I went to a friend’s baby shower and actually ATE (ok, I admit it, I only SMELLED) the baby food (Oh, alright, I admit I licked the spoon on one of them) during the baby food game. Got home around almost 4:00pm with the full and good-hearted intention to write my blog post and then finish the laundry.
I sat down here at the computer several hours ago. Let’s see how many things I came up with to do to procrastinate writing my blog post.
- Read a couple comments that I got from Maggie linking to me. *waves frantically at Maggie* Everybody say, “HiiiIIIiiii, Maaaaaaggggggie!” We love Maggie, people.
- Rejoiced in the lovely fact that I picked up another 8 subscribers since yesterday. Everybody say, “HiiiIIIiii, New Subscribers!” We love New Subscribers, people.
- Cleared my Google Reader.
- Read a few blogs that I have bookmarked but not yet in Google Reader.
- Wasted some time in Google Analytics, SiteMeter, and StatCounter.
- Wasted some more time in Blissfully Domestic. p.s. I have some really exciting news about this website I can’t announce yet, but soon. I don’t want to jinx it.
- Remodeled my sidebar with Tabbed Widgets. That alone took a couple hours.
- Cleaned out my inbox on my hotmail, my yahoo, and my cantrememberdiddly.
- Unenthusiastically watched the goings-on in Twitter. Clicked through to several Tweeple’s blog posts that weren’t in my Google Reader.
- Went through old blog posts adding categories to the ones I had filed under “x”, where “x” equals “default category chosen because I couldn’t be bothered to add appropriate categories in the first place which would seem like a bad thing until I need something to procrastinate writing a blog post during NaBloPoMo.”
- Watched Giants vs. Patriots with vague disinterest.
- Sorted and put away papers on my computer desk.
- Put autumn candy in my glass candle holders. Candy corn, pumpkins, and caramels with sticks. Hawsum. Lit a whole bunch of candles in the living room. Thought, Hmmmm, caramel.
- Went to the grocery store and got popcorn, ice cream, and a caramel apple with peanuts.
- Ate the caramel apple with peanuts.
- Went through my pictures in Bridge half-heartedly searching for inspiration.
- Looked through the folder full of pictures I’ve had since March to write my how to do a nine-patch machine quilt. Saw a picture of my gramma’s sewing scissors and remembered that was when I lost them.
- Turned my couch upside down and unstapled the bottom material to see if Gramma’s sewing scissors fell through the cracks and inside the couch. Nope.
- Sat for a good five minutes thinking about how I will always spell scissors correctly, because I still remember my Speak & Spell spelling it out in that monotone computer voice.
- Played in Photoshop. Added Hunky’s goatee to my face. No, you can’t see it.
- Well, ok, maybe you can, but later. Damn, that would have been a good post right there. Dory. FAIL.
- Put a load of wash in the dryer and another in the washer.
- Got really desperate and mixed two different bags of potting soil and re-potted two of my ivys.
- Decided I need to buckle down and get it done. Went to flickr looking for inspiration.
Hunky: Are you writing anything yet?
Dory: No, I’m in flickr looking for inspiration.
Hunky: Would you like me to take my pants down?
Dory: Would you like me to blog about it?
Hunky: *sigh* I’m going to bed.
I am a WORLD CLASS procrastinator. You DO NOT want to take me on. I will open a big stinking BARREL of PROCRASTINATE on your ass.